This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351
- Required files
About the software
The JRE is used to run a broad variety of Java programs including Java applications on desktops. The JDK is for Java developers. It contains a complete JRE as described above and tools required to create Java programs, sign code, generate documentation, etc. The JDK also ships several tools meant to monitor and debug programs.
So where does the Server JRE fit in? From the perspective of common server-side applications, the JRE is missing monitoring tools and, in the case of applications that compile Java source code at run-time, javac. On the other hand, the JDK includes additional functionality that system administrators may not need on their production systems like the Java Plugin for web browsers, auto update agents, and development tools like javadoc.
Enter the Server JRE: The Server JRE was designed for server-side applications by including just the commonly required features from the JRE and JDK. The Server JRE does not have a dedicated installer: It is simply a compressed directory for easier use.
The main features of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) are:
- Bytecode verifier.
- Deployment solutions.
- Development toolkits.
- Integration libraries.
- Language and utility libraries.
Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351 System Requirements
- OS – Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008
How to Download and Install Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) v8.0.351
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software